Schuh's Restoration We Clean Up Mold
989-539-6601 * 989-426-6616 * 989-3867441




We have found a safe chemical free residue cleaner for mold mediation , sanitizing and disinfectant that is total safe for you your family and pets. it has been used in hospitals and surgical units for years with no side effects at all.

As we see many states faced with massive flooding and excess humidity in homes due to power failures and no air conditioning, it is useful to look at options for decontamination. Of course, we have various options, chemicals that kill about any germ, but our they safe after use, that’s a question a lot of people are asking and concerned with. We have found a product that not only does it job on mold, but after its done it only leaves a visible salt residue.

The active ingredient in Nok-Out and SNiPER™ is a substance called ClO2. This substance has unique properties and is responsible for both eliminating odors and for disinfecting. The wikipedia entry1 for ClO2 tells us, “As a disinfectant it is effective even at low concentrations because of its unique qualities.”

In its natural state, ClO2 is a gas like helium or nitrogen. As you might imagine, gases are quite difficult for most people to use. For our products, this gas has been stabilized into a water base.

Historically, no consumer grade product was developed for 3 important reasons: In our formulation, when ClO2 was stabilized into this water base, all 3 of those flip-flopped. It went from hard to use gas, to easy to use liquid; from toxic to very low toxicity (the EPA gives Sniper a “IV” rating for toxicity – that’s the lowest toxicity rating they give out) and third, it went from from very short lifespan to a lifespan measured in years and years.

Many evaluations have shown ClO2 compounds to be non-toxic. Five decades of use have not indicated any adverse effects on health. The main areas of use have been disinfecting water supplies, the elimination of unwanted tastes and odors…”2

How Does It Work?

Nok-Out and SNiPER™ are highly selective oxidizers and when they come into direct contact with something smelly, they oxidize that stuff, thus eliminating that odor permanently and the same for mold it kills on contact.

 

Oxidizers require direct contact with the odor source to be able to do their work. It takes some time for this oxidization process to occur, so if you were to spray onto a hard surface and then immediately wipe it up, there may not be time for this work to take place. it’s usually best to spray, wipe (to smear it around evenly) and walk away, allowing it to air dry. It is during this drying time that Nok-Out does its job.

Why Should I Use ClO2? Why Not Just Use Bleach?

The dangers of using bleach are well documented, (do a google search for “is bleach dangerous?” and you’ll see!) but there is no protective agency warning consumers of these health hazards. In the workplace, the Occupational Health and Safety Administration (OSHA) requires anyone handling bleach to use a mask and gloves when handling this substance. Even scientists in a lab will wear gloves and mask and have good ventilation when using this product. Do you take these precautions when cleaning with bleach in your home?

Unlike bleach, the reaction that takes place in removing odors or in disinfecting when using ClO2 does not result in by-products that are toxic to wildlife or the environment. That environment includes your home! So both Nok-Out and Sniper products can be relied upon to clean and deodorize while not contributing to a toxic home or office.

Additionally, bleach is a strongly corrosive material that WILL irritate the eyes, skin and respiratory tract. These dangers are greatly increased when it is mixed with other cleaners, sometimes forming toxic gasses that can seriously damage your health.

How is Nok-Out and SNiPER™ Different from Bleach?

In our formulation of ClO2, the technology we have is a management system that manages ClO2 in such a way that dangerous by-products are not formed and no raw chlorine is ever released. This stabilized formulation is recognized by the EPA as being of very low toxicity in the 4 categories of toxicity they care about:

No toxicity to skin – level “IV”  (the lowest rating they allow)

No toxicity to eyes – level “IV”

No toxicity to be inhaled – level “IV”

No toxicity to be ingested – level “IV”

After thorough testing, the EPA has granted us the lowest toxicity rating they give out.

Is ClO2 Environmentally Friendly?

“Because ClO2 oxidizes but does not chlorinate, chlorinated organic by-products (e.g., THM, HAA, dioxins, furans) typically are not produced. Neither does ClO2 produce appreciable amounts of aldehydes, ketones, ketoacids nor other problematic compounds associated with oxidation of organic matter by other, less selective means.”3 Additionally, toxicological studies have shown that ClO2 disinfection pose no significant risk to human or animals. So yes, both SNiPER and Nok-Out can be considered as being ‘green’.